Published: June 5, 2015
Greg Windmiller is what you would call a "pros" pro. Greg has the respect of everyone in the canopy piloting world. His unique style and passion for canopy flight is evident and rubs off on everyone! So, we're excited to announce Greg's return to Skydive North Florida on Saturday, June 27th.
Greg's canopy courses are very versatile. All skill sets are welcome as Greg doesn't teach one class for all, but caters to each canopy pilot indivdually. There is no minimum jump requirement and participants can do as few or as many jumps as they're comfortable with during the day. Greg is there all day and is happy to help you improve your skill set. Whether you want to do 1 jump or 10 jumps in a day is up to you.
These are no cookie cutter courses. You will be doing jumps and drills based off of your abilities, your progress and your desired goals. Each jump you do will be videoed and meticulously debriefed.
There will be 2 courses offered over the weekend, starting each morning at 8 am. It is highly recommended that participants hire a packer to minimize distraction and maximize learning.
Saturday, June 27th - Basic & Advanced Canopy Piloting Skills
- If you've never taken a dedicated canopy course, this is the one for you!
- If it has been a season since you have done a canopy course, this course is for you.
Greg's unique teaching style is specifically designed at focusing on each individual with the understanding that everyone learns differently. His proven techniques and canopy drills allow the jumpers to completely understand exactly how their parachutes perform in every condition possible.
The course is designed to educate jumpers on safe canopy flight and teach techniques that will give the most valuable tool of all....CONFIDENCE! Confidence in their gear, in themselves and their abilities to fly their canopies safely.
The intent is to make jumpers smarter and safer canopy pilots. No matter what drills are being conducted, the desired end result is having the jumpers land exactly where they want as softly as possible.
- This course meets the requirements of USPA's Canopy Piloting Proficiency Card, necessary for a B License.
- Designed for jumpers that have already been through a basic canopy course beyond their AFF training.
- This course teaches advanced techniques, which enables canopy pilots to get more performance out of their canopies. This creates safer skydivers that can land their canopies in a greater variety of conditions.
- Skills-building will be tailored to swoopers and non-swoopers alike.
Unlike most courses offered today, you do not have to have attended a previous canopy course to attend this course.
Greg's Skydiving History
- Special Forces Military Freefall school and Military Freefall Jumpmaster school graduate.
- AFF-I, UPT Tandem IE, USPA Tandem Examiner, PRO
- First 2,500 jumps were all done at under a .83 wing loading.
Was a test jumper for 2 different parachute manufacturers testing canopy relative work/ Accuracy and sport canopies.
- Former Classic Accuracy champion and team leader for the Golden Knights Style and Accuracy team 2000-2003
- 4way competitor
- Competition Canopy Pilot since 2007 and current Team Leader for the Golden Knights Canopy Piloting Team.
- 4 time US National Champion
- 16 state, 7 US National, and 5 World Records in canopy piloting
In the past 4 years, of the 48 medals available in the advanced category in canopy piloting at US nationals 30 have come from Greg's students.